Mastercard Unveils 5 New Benefits For Many Major Credit Cards
Do you have a World or World Elite Mastercard credit card in your wallet?
You may have some new cardholder benefits that could save you money!
MasterCard recently announced that it offers new or expanded benefits to cardholders through partnerships with DoorDash, HelloFresh, Lyft, Fandango and ShopRunner.
Let’s take a look at each of the new perks and see if your credit card is among the cards that qualify.
These credit cards are eligible for the new Mastercard benefits
Before going into the details of each new benefit, you’re probably wondering if these new benefits apply to you.
In a press release dated April 1, 2021, Mastercard indicates that the new benefits will apply to World and World Elite consumer credit cards.
These cards cover a variety of issuers, including Citi, Barclays and Chase. Typically, cards with a Mastercard logo from any issuer belong to three different benefit levels: Standard, World, or World Elite.
Here is a sample of popular credit cards that carry the Mastercard logo and include versions of the World or World Elite benefit packages:
This is not an exhaustive list of World and World Elite credit cards. And your version of these cards may not carry the Mastercard logo; some issuers also offer Visa.
If you are not sure if your card qualifies, take a look at the logo on the card to see if it indicates Mastercard World or World Elite membership.
You can also contact your card issuer to verify eligibility for these offers.
DoorDash, which has become one of the country’s most popular food delivery services, has expanded its partnership with Mastercard.
Some Mastercard cardholders were already seeing some benefits from the company, but the announcement highlights two new offerings:
- World and World Elite cardholders new to DashPass will receive a free three-month subscription. DashPass is DoorDash’s subscription program that offers unlimited free shipping and reduced service charges to thousands of restaurants, grocery stores, and convenience stores for orders over $ 12.
- All new and existing DashPass members will automatically receive a $ 5 discount on their first two orders each month by paying with a World or World Elite card.
Hello fresh has become famous for its boxed meal subscription service that brings all the ingredients you need to cook a meal right to your doorstep.
The new partnership with Mastercard will include the following offer:
- World and World Elite card holders get 5% discount on every HelloFresh purchase which can be used for future HelloFresh orders.
- More, new customers get a discount on their first orders.
Popular carpooling app Lyft has renewed its partner agreement with Mastercard.
Here’s what the ad included for Lyft users:
- World and World Elite card holders automatically receive a $ 5 credit for every three trips taken in a calendar month. The credit will be automatically applied to the next trip, capped at one per month.
You may know fandango as the mainstay of buying movie tickets, but it also has a market share in digital movie rental.
- World Elite card holders will now be able to receive a $ 5 Fandango Reward for your future Fandango purchases for every $ 20 spent on digital movie rentals as well as movie ticket purchases.
Membership with ShopRunner can improve online shopping by offering free two-day shipping and free returns to over 100 retailers.
American Express already offers this service for free as a benefit to many of its cardholders, and Mastercard’s announcement indicates that it is doing the same:
- World and World Elite cardholders are provided Free ShopRunner membership, valued at $ 79 per year, which offers free two-day shipping and free returns from over 100 retailers.
This is a free gain for holders of the Mastercard World or World Elite card.
While these perks aren’t likely to influence your decision when considering a new credit card in 2021, they are potentially useful for many existing cardholders.
Consumers using food delivery, online retailing and carpooling are on the increase. Partnering with these types of companies is a sign that Mastercard is trying to tailor its set of benefits to better suit the modern consumer.
Money expert Clark Howard always cautions against overstating a small credit card advantage over the card’s long-term merits. So be sure to make your decisions based on factors like APR, fees, and purchase protections.
More Clark.com content you may like: