Patagonia, Honda, Moderna, Chick-fil-A, SpaceX Top ‘Axios-Harris Poll 100’ with the best reputations
NEW YORK, May 13, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Companies with a clear point of view that deliver not only good products but also an impact on society have the best reputations. These are among the ideas of the Axios-Harris Poll 100, an annual ranking of the reputations of America’s most visible companies, which was released today.
Patagonia, Honda, Moderna, Chick-fil-A, and SpaceX have the five best reputations in America on the 2021 Axios-Harris Poll 100 list.
Companies that fight for ethics, culture and trust – especially data privacy – are also the ones that fight for their reputation. This year, The Trump Organization, Fox, Facebook, Wish.com and Sears are at the bottom of the 22nd annual list, with a bad reputation.
“Product, performance and – more than ever – purpose drive the reputation of America’s largest companies and their leaders,” said John gerzema, CEO of The Harris Poll. “Today, data privacy separates ‘good tech’ from social platforms, Americans are burnt out due to streaming overload, and the pharmaceutical industry continues to serve as a benchmark for companies defending it. ‘innovation to solve some of society’s most difficult challenges. “
The Axios-Harris Poll 100 has ranked reputation since 1999. The Reputation Quotient (RQ) ranking of the survey is based on the company’s performance in seven key areas:
- Trust – “Is this a company I trust?”
- Vision – “Does this company have a clear vision for the future?”
- Growth – “Is this a growing business?”
- Products and services – “Does this company develop innovative products and services that I want and appreciate?”
- Culture – “Is this a good company to work for?”
- Ethics – “Does this company maintain high ethical standards?”
- Citizenship – “Does this company share my values and support good causes?”
“With the end of the pandemic in the United States in sight, this year’s Axios-Harris Poll 100 reflects how we have evolved far beyond the status quo. Today’s consumer is more digitally connected and more determined than ever, and that affects it takes to excel in marketing, communications and reputation, ”said Mark Penn, Chairman and CEO of MDC Partners; president and managing partner of The Stagwell Group; and chairman of the Harris Poll.
“The survey results confirm what we have seen at Axios, particularly among advertisers,” said Jim VandeHei, co-founder and CEO of Axios. “Companies that advertise social responsibility and corporate goals are a current trend. Values messages not only strengthen a company’s reputation, but they also help recruit talent, especially among younger workers who care more about what a company stands for. ”
Among the insights from this year’s study:
- Most visible: Amazon and Walmart are the two most visible companies in America today, followed by Apple, Facebook, Google, Target, Microsoft, Wells Fargo, Nike and McDonald’s.
- New in the list: Moderna, SpaceX, Chewy, REI, Subaru, In-n-Out Burger, Wayfair, Kaiser Permanente, Goya, Reddit, Robinhood, GameStop, Huawei, were recently added to the list of the 100 most visible companies this year. My pillow, TikTok and Wish.
- Top 10: The most visible and reputable companies – Patagonia, Honda, Moderna, Chick-fil-A, SpaceX, Chewy, Pfizer, Tesla, Costco and Amazon – are separated only by small degrees, they succeed in almost every category reputation, and it’s the continuous improvement in reputation that keeps most of them at the top – with the exception of Amazon. Amazon is the only company in the top 10 to have a declining reputation compared to last year.
- Industry movement: Consumer packaged goods and financial services are the top 2021 winners among all companies in all industries. Technology is declining in reputation again – Google (down 5.03%) being one of the biggest year-over-year declines, along with TikTok, Amazon, Facebook and Microsoft. Apple is the only major tech company to rise in reputation – with an impressive 2.82% year-over-year gain.
- Vaccine interpreters: Pharmaceutical industry remains strong after COVID with two main strengths – Moderna is new to the list with an excellent reputation, and Pfizer recorded the largest year-over-year reputation gain of any company with 9.86 %. Johnson & Johnson’s reputation is well below that of Moderna and Pfizer – with stable performance year over year.
- Large oil: The big oil companies have improved or stabilized – with BP up 4.04% and ExxonMobil stable.
- Airlines companies: Performance is mixed – Delta down 3.98% but United Airlines up 1.05%. Likewise, Boeing – last year’s biggest decline – rebounded with a 4.05% improvement.
- Wars streaming: Streaming services are down – with Hulu down 1.08% and Netflix down 2.54%.
- The Musk touch: Elon’s businesses are doing well – with SpaceX and Tesla in the top 10 of all companies by reputation and Tesla up 2.66% year-over-year.
- The biggest improvements year over year: Pfizer (9.86%), Dollar General (8.79%), Patagonia (8.69%), Hobby Lobby (6.20%), JCPenney (4.48%), Unilever (4.39%), Trump Organization (4.37%), eBay (4.36%), BP (4.04%) and Bank of America (4.0%).
- The biggest year-over-year declines: Fox (-6.14%), TikTok (-5.21%), Google (-5.03%), Adidas (-4.63%), Delta Air Lines (-3.98%), Sears (- 3.95%), Yum! Brands (-3.90%), Publix Supermarkets (-3.72%), Uber (-3.68%) and Procter & Gamble (-3.59%).
“This year’s reputation list reflects the ‘new normal’ for business. To excel today, companies must score high on the three main drivers of reputation: business performance, company character and trust, ”said Ray’s Day, vice chairman of the Stagwell Group, which includes The Harris Poll. “More than ever, leading companies are taking reputation building very seriously. This is because reputation is one-third or more of a company’s market capitalization, and better-reputable companies have an advantage. price, competitive advantage and talent advantage. “
The Axios Harris 100 poll is based on a survey of 42,935 Americans in a nationally representative sample. April 8-21, 2021. The two-step process starts again each year, surveying the notoriety of companies that excel or fail in the company. These 100 “Most Visible Companies” are then ranked by a second group of Americans across the seven key dimensions of reputation to arrive in the rankings. If a company is not on the list, it has not reached a critical level of visibility to measure.
About the Harris Poll
The Harris Poll is one of the oldest surveys in the United States, tracking public opinion, motivations and social sentiments since 1963. It is now part of Harris Insights & Analytics, a global consulting and research firm. ‘market research that provides social intelligence for times of transformation. . We work with our clients in three main areas: building 21st company reputation in the last century, developing branding and performance monitoring, and obtaining organic media through public relations research. Our mission is to provide information and advice to help leaders make the best decisions possible. Learn more by visiting www.harrispoll.com and follow Harris Poll on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Axios is a digital media company launched in 2017. Axios – which means ‘worthy’ in Greek – helps you get smarter and faster with news and information on politics, technology, business, media, science and the world. Subscribe to our newsletters on axios.com/newsletters and download our mobile application on axios.com/app.
The Stagwell Group is the first and only independent, digital-first and fully integrated organization of service brands of size and scale across the continuum of marketing services. Collaborative by design, Stagwell is not weighed down by legacy perspectives, and its employees are united in their desire to innovate, evolve, grow and deliver superior results to their clients. Stagwell’s high growth brands include experts in four categories: digital transformation and marketing, research and information, marketing communications, and content and media.
About MDC Partners
MDC Partners is one of the most influential marketing and communications networks in the world. As “The Place Where Great Talent Lives”, MDC Partners is famous for its innovative agency partners in advertising, public relations, branding, digital marketing, social and events, which are responsible for certain the most memorable and effective campaigns for the most respected in the world. brands. By leveraging technology, data analytics, insights and strategic consulting solutions, MDC Partners drives creative excellence, business growth, and a measurable return on marketing investment for over 1 700 customers around the world. For more information on MDC Partners and its partner firms, visit our website and follow us on Twitter.
Ray Day, Vice President, Stagwell [email protected]
SOURCE The Harris Poll