Senator invests in Bitcoin, yearn.finance goes multi-channel, new FTX + announcement More news
Get your daily digest of crypto-asset and blockchain news – by investigating the stories that go under the radar of today’s crypto news.
- US Senator Cynthia Lummis disclosed the purchase of bitcoin (BTC) worth $ 50,001 to $ 100,000 on file. She made her last purchase on August 16 via the brokerage platform Financial of the river.
- Gaming platform OP Games To raised $ 8.6 million in seed funding. OP Games is building a platform that combines NFTs and Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs), working with developers to create games they can collaborate on with their communities.
- Chingari, one of India’s short video sharing platforms with over 78 million downloads, completed a fundraiser that raised more than $ 19 million for its GARI token from over 30 equity funds. risk and individual investors. Participants understand Digital galaxy, Alameda research, Solana Capital city, and Kraken, among others. With the funds raised, the team will continue to develop the Chingari platform, with short-term roadmap milestones including live blockchain testing, the beta of the Chingari integration, and the upcoming one. sale of GARI tokens.
- Decentralized financing protocol (DeFi) desire.finance (YFI) added support for Fantom Network (FTM), declaring that they have become multi-channel with the launch of Iron Bank Fantom and the first Fantom chests. They added that “more multi-channel fun [is] Coming soon. âPrior to that, yearn’s services were only available on Ethereum (ETH).
News from the exchanges
- Binance noted they will stop offering futures, options and margin trades, as well as leveraged tokens, to users in South Africa due to the country’s regulations. Users will have 90 days to reduce and close their positions on these products.
- FTX unveiled a new ad that will air on US national television, in which a man with a moon-shaped head offers ideas such as “Aim for the moon,” they say. Maybe the moon is tired of being a target â. Advertising is the product of their partnership with the United States Major League Baseball (MLB) and promotes the FTX crypto trading app.
- Powerbridge Technologies Co., provider of SaaS solutions and Blockchain applications, noted than its subsidiary Powercrypto holdings launches Bitcoin and Ethereum mining operations in Hong Kong. Powercrypto aims to deploy 2,600 high-performance mining rigs in Hong Kong, comprising 600 high-performance BTC mining machines with a hash rate of around 60 PH / s and 2,000 high-performance ETH mining machines with a hash rate of about 1000 GH / s.
- Software company EMTECH and distributed accounting company Hashgraph Hedera (HBAR) announced a partnership to develop “an enterprise grade, high performance, highly secure and energy efficient Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) infrastructure product.” Through According to the press release, the joint effort will bring together EMTECH’s Ethereum (ETH) -based CBDC Core solution and Hedera’s public ledger, creating technology that will enable central banks to implement CBDC solutions.
News about adoptions
- The Algorand Foundation launched the Algorand Centers of Excellence Program (ACE) as an academic engagement initiative that aims to have a positive and lasting impact in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space, they noted. The ACE program is launched with a budget of 100 million ALGO (190 million USD) for the next ten years. Universities and non-profit research organizations can apply for funding to cover the costs of establishing and running a center for three to five years.
- A fantastic startup investing in the non-fungible token (NFT) market Visionrare To to close temporarily, refunding users who bought shares and saying it will be relaunched as a free game soon. The company – which allows users to bid on fake NFT auctions of real startups to build a “portfolio” and compete with others with the most profitable portfolios – said it had “underestimated legal complexities “of the idea.